Director of Global Quality
TCCI Manufacturing is a world leader in compressor technology for commercial vehicle, automotive and same-day delivery vehicles. Our global footprint spans 10 locations across the US, China, India, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and Argentina—employing more than 650 employees worldwide.
TCCI has become one of the leading global Electric Compressor (EC) Manufacturers for the commercial & heavy-duty sectors, as well as automotive specialty vehicle markets. As we look to the future, we will pioneer technology in electrification and support our customer’s plans for a full electrification solution that includes vehicle production, charging, route planning and infrastructure.
TCCI is looking to grow our Global Quality organization. In support of our growth and new market opportunities, the Company is seeking to hire a Director of Global Quality to support our mechanical and electrical compressor products. In this role, the Director of Global Quality will work with internal stakeholders inside our Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to ensure the Company produces a high-quality product that meets the needs of our customers. Additionally, this role will work with customers, end users, and at times, our suppliers, to help them develop solutions that meet their manufacturing, design, and applications needs.
– Lead and manage the quality function from new product conception through to warranty analysis to ensure a proactive culture so that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible
– Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic goals
– Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and define the metrics required to assess performance against standards required
– Actively lead the reduction of Customer PPMs (Parts Per Million), Warranty, Cost of Quality and in-house scrap and waste
– Lead and manage a robust supplier quality program to support the identification, selection, auditing, and coaching of tier 1 vendors; partner with Global Purchasing to create a high level of inbound material quality.
– Oversee continuous improvement programs including 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma across all global locations.
– 10+ years experience in the automotive or commercial vehicle development process
– 10+ years experience supporting external customers
– Knowledge and familiarity with APQP, DFMEA, DVP
– CAD software and drawing experience
– Strong documentation and communication skills
– Knowledge of electric or hybrid electric vehicle drive systems and applications
– Experience with HVAC or refrigerant systems
– Experience with compressors or expanders
– Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Quality Systems, Technical Systems Management or equivalent is required; masters degree in business or a technical discipline is preferred.