TCCI Manufacturing is a world leader in compressor technology for commercial vehicle, automotive and same-day delivery vehicles. Our global footprint spans 10 locations across the US, China, India, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and Argentina—employing more than 650 employees worldwide.
TCCI has become one of the leading global Electric Compressor (EC) Manufacturers for the commercial & heavy-duty sectors, as well as automotive specialty vehicle markets. As we look to the future, we will pioneer technology in electrification and support our customer’s plans for a full electrification solution that includes vehicle production, charging, route planning and infrastructure.
TCCI is looking to grow our Decatur, IL based Engineering organization. In support of our growth and new market opportunities, the Company is seeking to hire an electronics engineer to support our electrical compressor products. In this role, the Electronics Engineer will work with internal stakeholders inside our Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to ensure the Company produces a high-quality product that meets the needs of our customers. Additionally, this role will work with customers, end users, and at times, our suppliers, to help them develop solutions that meet their manufacturing, design, and applications needs.
Develop electronic designs from Inception to production in a fast-paced research and development setting. You would be involved in assessment of product requirements, electrical schematic design, hardware selection and validation, PCB design, Firmware development, and product testing and approval. Work on multiple simultaneous projects with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers.
- Develop electronic designs from inception to release
- Electrical schematic drawings
- PCB layout design
- Electrical component selection and utilization
- Firmware coding and testing
- Develop product requirements and design specifications
- Document testing results, research findings, and code functionality
- Use of debug tools, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
- Understanding and ability to meet compliance and testing requirements
- 5+ years experience in the automotive or commercial vehicle development process
- 5+ years experience supporting external customers
- Knowledge and familiarity with APQP, DFMEA, DVP
- CAD software and drawing experience
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of electric or hybrid electric vehicle drive systems and applications
- Experience with HVAC or refrigerant systems
- Experience with compressors or expanders
Bachelors of Science in Electrical (BSEE), Bachelors of Science in Mechanical (BSME), or equivalent is required.