Embedded Test Engineer
TCCI Manufacturing is a world leader in compressor technology for commercial vehicle, automotive and same-day delivery vehicles. Our global footprint spans 10 locations across the US, China, India, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and Argentina—employing more than 650 employees worldwide.
T/CCI has become one of the leading global Electric Compressor (EC) Manufacturers for the commercial & heavy-duty sectors, as well as automotive specialty vehicle markets. As we look to the future, we will pioneer technology in electrification and support our customer’s plans for a full electrification solution that includes vehicle production, charging, route planning and infrastructure.
T/CCI is looking to grow our Decatur, IL based Engineering organization. In support of our growth and new market opportunities, the Company is seeking to hire an embedded validation engineer to support our electrical compressor and electric motor product lines. In this role, the Embedded Test Engineer will work with internal stakeholders to ensure that our designs, components, and products meet all regulatory, industry, and customer specifications. Additionally, this role will work with customers, end users, and at times, our suppliers, to help them develop solutions that meet their manufacturing, design, and applications needs through their own validation processes.
In this role the incumbent will contribute to developing embedded software solution, debug and bring-up of the state-of-the-art next generation technology in support of current and future products. This role will have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to our customers in a safe, quality, and fast manner. This role will be part of our core infrastructure team responsible for developing and improving our embedded test software platforms, playing a key role in test design, validation equipment decisions, and overall product design.
· Test code and prototypes in support of hardware & software development.
· Develop Test Cases following the means of compliance for software and hardware certification.
· Create requirements from code or other inputs based on a reverse engineering process.
· Learn and use different test tools for software and hardware.
· Generate detailed documentation on the testing results for the client.
• Proficient in C
• Background in embedded software development, bare metal, RTOS and/or Linux
• Solid understanding about ARM specification, computer architecture, operating system
• Experience in boot code, CPU & SOC initialization, device drivers
• Familiar with IO protocols: I2C, SPMI, UART, GPIO
• Experience in DRAM initialization and calibration a big plus
• Good troubleshooting skills embedded software debugging
• Experience with script languages such as Python or Perl
· Testing experience with JTAG/Boundary Scan and In-circuit test (ICT)
· Automotive industry experience
· Knowledge of electric or hybrid electric vehicle drive systems and applications
· Experience with HVAC or refrigerant systems
· Experience with compressors or expanders
Bachelors of Science in Electrical (BSEE), Bachelors of Science in Mechanical (BSME), or equivalent is required.