Senior Embedded Developer
TCCI Manufacturing is a world leader in compressor technology for commercial vehicle, automotive and same-day delivery vehicles. Our global footprint spans 10 locations across the US, China, India, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and Argentina—employing more than 650 employees worldwide.
T/CCI has become one of the leading global Electric Compressor (EC) Manufacturers for the commercial & heavy-duty sectors, as well as automotive specialty vehicle markets. As we look to the future, we will pioneer technology in electrification and support our customers’ plans for a full electrification solution that includes vehicle production, charging, route planning and infrastructure.
T/CCI is looking to grow our Decatur, IL based Engineering organization. In support of our growth and new market opportunities, the Company is seeking to hire an experienced embedded developer to support the software & hardware development associated with our electric compressor and electric motor product lines. In this role, the incumbent will focus on working with microcontrollers (such as Texas Instruments C2000), motion control, motor control, and software code to integrate software solutions into hardware & compressor/motor level design. Additionally, this role will work with customers, end users, and at times, our suppliers, to help them develop solutions that meet their manufacturing, design, and applications needs.
This role is responsible for the development of embedded software solutions to support the development of hardware & component level design. This role will work across internal software & hardware teams inside our Advanced Engineering team to support the development of motion control, motor control, and component control through the creation & testing of software code.
· Specify, design, develop, and test SW that commands and communicates with embedded devices, generally in C
· Support development of software architecture
· Development within the selected microcontroller’s IDE, such as Texas Instrument’s Code Composer Studio
· Development of domain expertise and implementation of control of speed and torque through the use of libraries and custom code
· Design and develop and test software code and related test scripts
· Ensure that adequate test, inspection, and analysis reports verify compliance with the requirements
· Support major customer reviews of software integration & test efforts
· Resolve bugs found by yourself, other developers, test engineers, systems engineers, production, or operations
- Programming skills in C and C++
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, etc.
- Experience in embedded programming
- Automotive industry experience
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of version control systems such as GIT, etc.
- Understanding of software compilation process
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Bachelors of Science in Electrical (BSEE), Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCE), Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), or equivalent is required.