Senior Hardware Design Engineer
TCCI Manufacturing is a world leader in compressor technology for commercial vehicles, automotive and same-day delivery vehicles. Our global footprint spans 10 locations across the US, China, India, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and Argentina—employing more than 650 employees worldwide.
T/CCI has become one of the leading global Electric Compressor (EC) Manufacturers for the commercial & heavy-duty sectors, as well as automotive specialty vehicle markets. As we look to the future, we will pioneer technology in electrification and support our customers’ plans for a full electrification solution that includes vehicle production, charging, route planning and infrastructure.
T/CCI is looking to grow our Decatur, IL based Engineering organization. In support of our growth and new market opportunities, the Company is seeking to hire an experienced hardware engineer to support our electric compressor and electric motor product lines. In this role, the Senior Hardware Engineer will have a tangible impact on the high voltage electrical systems and electrical system level requirements, documentation, design and validation. This role will be involved in the design of hardware components & solutions from the early concept phase through product manufacturing; including but not limited to; schematics of electrical and electronic circuits, both analog and digital. You will also help develop the product architecture development plan, requirements, component selection, hardware and software design, product verification testing, and assist in compliance testing and manufacturing.
Develop electronic designs from Inception to production in a fast-paced research and development setting. You would be involved in assessment of product requirements, electrical schematic design, hardware selection and validation, PCB design, Firmware development, and product testing and approval. Work on multiple simultaneous projects with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers.
• Develop electronic designs from inception to release
• Electrical schematic drawings
• PCB layout design
• Electrical component selection and utilization
• Develop product requirements and design specifications
• Document testing results, research findings, and code functionality
• Use of power analyzers and oscilloscopes
• Understanding and ability to meet compliance and testing requirements
· Experience in hardware design engineer with an electrical background and a passion for designing, and implementing state-of-the-art hardware components.
· electrical and electronic circuit design experience, including but not limited to analog and digital circuit design, communication interface circuits, power supplies, physical equipment design and mixed-signal circuit boards
· Knowledge of specifications of High Voltage components (circuit breakers, terminal blocks, etc.) including requirements, definition and validation
· Experience in development of Electrical/Electronic System Level Requirements
· Experience with System Level Validation of Electrical/Electronic Systems
· Experience with development of Design FMEA, and Problem Solving Tools for Electrical/Electronic Systems
· Experience with the development of scope documentation and project plans for Electrical/Electronic Systems
· Experience with the development of Firmware for embedded systems, including requirements, design, implementation, verification and validation
· Knowledge of electric or hybrid electric vehicle drive systems and applications
· Experience with HVAC or refrigerant systems
· Experience with compressors or expanders
Bachelors of Science in Electrical (BSEE), Bachelors of Science in Mechanical (BSME), or equivalent is required.